You finally decided to start sharing your idea or experience ?
You want a life where no one will have the right to tell you what to do, how to do it, and when to do it.
That’s what we all want, right?
And the truth is that blogging can afford us such freedoms and luxuries. your are reading this post that means your are on right place.
Please follow below steps to make this true:
- Choose a blogging platform:
- If you prefer to choose a free blogging platform that means you don’t want to become a own boss ?
- You’ll be able to manage your blog the way you can control on paid one.
- You won’t have full control over your website. They can shut down your site anytime without notice.
- The free blogging platform provider can insert ads on your website without notice which unable to remove.
2. Buy a Domain and Web Hosting: Click here to find domain and hosting plans as per your requirement or comment me , i’ll suggest you everything .
3. Install WordPress : Login to your hosting account using Username and Password. Choose manage
It will take you on hosting server dashboard , from right corner choose cpanel admin option.
in cpanel admin you need to install WordPress application .
4. Login to WordPress and updating Password: Login to your WordPress dashboard using Username and Password . Change your password after first login.
Scroll down to the bottom, under “Account Management” section click on “Generate Password”. Enter the Password you want to set and click on the “Update Profile” button. Congratulations, your Password updated successfully
5. Designing your WordPress site: There are thousands of pre-made WordPress themes that you can install on your site. Some of them are free, others are paid. Start with a free WordPress theme from WordPress dashboard by clicking on Appearance >> Themes >> Add New theme design your site by customizing it .
6. Start installing essential plugins: As a beginner, you can start with free plugins:
Akismet Anti-spam: There are millions of bots that lift spam comments on your WordPress blog and Akismet is the tool to stop it.
W3 Total Cache: On behalf of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) website speed really matters a lot. This plugin helps your website to load faster and put less stress on your web hosting server.
Wordfence Security: This plugin will keep your site secure.
Contact Form 7: Contact form 7 is plugin used to create contact forms.
Yoast SEO: Do you need an SEO plugin that helps your blog reach for the stars? Yoast SEO is one and the only plugin with 5+ million active installations that I am using for on-page SEO by adding XML Sitemaps, Indexation rules, Title Tags and more.
Smush : Image compression is also a positive effect on SEO by improving blog loading speed and Smush Image Compression & Optimization is the best plugin that fit for everyone needs. No matter what plugins you use to better manage your WordPress media library Smush will cover everything.
7. Essential settings : Here some settings below need to be change.
1. Permalink Setup: By default, WordPress doesn’t have SEO friendly permalink structure. Settings >> Permalinksand set the Post Name.
2. Disable Pingbacks & Trackbacks: To stop these notifications go to WordPress Dashboard >> Settings >> Discussion >> Untick Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks) on new articles option.
3. Timezone: Navigate to Settings >> General >> Select Timezone according your country time UTC+5:30.
8: Add pages: Now add few pages :
- About Us
- Contact Us
9. First new post: Writing the first blog post is one of the best things to start your blogging career where you can provide the best of the bests.
Go to Posts >> Add New and the WordPress post editor will be there. You can see the box to enter the post title and the rest of the content will be written in the bigger box. After writing publish your first post by clicking on the “Publish” button.
Thanks for giving your time here and comment me if tech help will require .